Zespri® Sungold Tuna Salad Sandwiches
- 1 large Sungold Kiwifruit (peeled weight 120 g)
- 1 tin tuna chunks, drained (140 g drained weight)
- 2 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 large stalk spring onion, finely sliced
- 1 stalk fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 2 red bird chillies, finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Bread of your choice*
- Butter for spreading
- Salad garnish: lettuce leaves, sliced tomatoes
Crusty baguette, sliced wholemeal, etc.
Developed exclusively for Zespri by popular Malaysian chef Rohani Jelani
Cut Sungold kiwifruit into 1 cm cubes and set aside.
Flake tuna coarsely and stir in mayonnaise. Add remaining ingredients and mix gently to combine. (If not using immediately, cover and chill.)
Toast bread, spread lightly with softened butter and lay lettuce and tomatoes on buttered bread. Top generously with tuna salad and serve immediately.